Indian River Academy
- Indian River Academy's student population of 487 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||487 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Indian River Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,650 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2392 out of 3650 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Indian River School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vero Beach Oslo Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 842 students
480 20th Ave Sw
Vero Beach, FL 32962
(772)564-3980 2.4 6-8 842
- Vero Beach Citrus Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 718 students
2771 Citrus Pl
Vero Beach, FL 32968
(772)978-8350 3.5 K-5 718
- Fort Pierce Lakewood Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 632 students
7800 Indrio Rd
Fort Pierce, FL 34951
(772)468-5830 3.5 PK-5 632
- Vero Beach Vero Beach Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 605 students
1770 12th St
Vero Beach, FL 32960
(772)564-4550 4.1 PK-5 605
- Vero Beach Vero Beach High School Grades: 9-12 | 2975 students
1707 16th St
Vero Beach, FL 32960
(772)564-5800 4.5 9-12 2975
Teachers pay close attention to my child''s special needs. The classrooms are happy, but productive, which isvery refreshing. Staff places high values on mutual respect and self respect and they teach my child (and the other kids in the class) tools for developing those values. The classroom and administration have become much more stable and positive over the past few years. My child LOVES this school.
- Posted by Parent - Nurse/mom
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.