Top Garrett Public Schools
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Garrett, IN, serving 1,775 students. Garrett has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.
- Garrett, IN public schools have an average math proficiency score of 50% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 56% (versus the 62% statewide average). Schools in Garrett have an average ranking of 2/10, which is in the bottom 50% of Indiana public schools.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
Top Garrett, IN Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- J E Ober Elementary School 801 E Houston St
Garrett, IN 46738
Grades: K-5 | 769 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.