Garrett Middle School
- Garrett Middle School's student population of 415 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Garrett Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,762 schools in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#888 out of 1762 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Garrett-Keyser-Butler Com School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Garrett J E Ober Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 769 students
801 E Houston St
Garrett, IN 46738
(260) 357-3112 0.0 K-5 769
- Auburn Mckenney-harrison Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 566 students
400 South Indiana Ave
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 920-1015 3.6 PK-5 566
- Auburn James R Watson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 608 students
901 Eckhart Ave
Auburn, IN 46706
(260) 920-1014 4.6 PK-5 608
- Waterloo Dekalb High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,145 student
3424 Cr 427
Waterloo, IN 46793
(260) 920-1012 5.9 9-12 1,145
This school is OK. There is a lot of bullying but it's a little good too.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - there
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.