Lake Ridge New Tech School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Lake Ridge New Tech School District serving 1,873 students in Gary, Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 62% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Indiana state average of 31%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 17:1.
Lake Ridge New Tech School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Gary Hosford Park New Technical Elementary School4735 Arthur St
Gary, IN 46408
Grades: K-5 | 305 students
- Gary Lake Ridge New Technical Middle School3601 W 41st Ave
Gary, IN 46408
Grades: 6-8 | 422 students
- Gary Longfellow New Technical Elementary School45th/calhoun Sts
Gary, IN 46408
Grades: K-5 | 481 students
|School District Name||Lake Ridge New Tech School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,873 students|
|# of Teachers||105 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
|# of Male Students||918 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||955 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||457 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||577 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||720 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||112 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||136|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||124|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||127|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||148|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||142|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||175|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||166|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||166|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- Lake Ridge New Tech School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 357 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,760 is higher than the state average of $13,154. The school district revenue/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,487 is higher than the state average of $11,176. The school district spending/student has grown by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$26 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,760||$13,154|
|Spending / Student||$13,487||$11,176|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.