North Spencer County School Corp School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in North Spencer County School Corp School District, serving 2,028 students. North Spencer County School Corp School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.
- Public schools in North Spencer County School Corp School District have an average math proficiency score of 80% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 78% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 10/10, which is in the top 5% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||North Spencer County School Corp School District|
|School District Website||http://www.nspencer.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(812) 937-2400|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||1,922 Schools|
|# of Students||2,028 Students||1,052,874 Students|
|# of Teachers||140 Teachers||60,857 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||17:1|
- North Spencer County School Corp School District, which is ranked within the10/, top 5% of all 373 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6 Students||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||11 Students||25,462 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||151 Students||125,582 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||9 Students||132,751 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||1,830 Students||714,936 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||21 Students||51,238 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||112||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||139||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||148||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||128||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||143||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||154||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||162||79,953|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||140||79,149|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||144||78,435|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||136||79,979|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||146||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||155||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||161||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||160||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,739 in this school district is less than the state average of 13727. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,913 is less than the state average of $11,663. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$25 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,739||13727|
|Spending / Student||$9,913||11663|
North Spencer County School Corp School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Lincoln Trail Elementary School 13726 N Sr 245
Lamar, IN 47550
Grades: PK-6 | 354 students
- Chrisney Elementary School 311 Church St
Chrisney, IN 47611
Grades: PK-6 | 230 students
- Nancy Hanks Elementary School 19260 N Sr 162
Ferdinand, IN 47532
Grades: PK-6 | 234 students
- David Turnham Education Center Dunn & Locust Sts
Dale, IN 47523
Grades: PK-6 | 307 students
- Heritage Hills Middle School 3646 E Cr 1600 N
Lincoln City, IN 47552
Grades: 6-9 | 283 students
- Heritage Hills High School 3644 E Cr 1600 N
Lincoln City, IN 47552
Grades: 9-12 | 620 students
The city of New York has announced they are bringing back mandatory sex-ed courses for the first time in 20 years, in light of skyrocketing teen pregnancy rates far above the national average.
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
How well do your state’s schools compare against the rest of the country? With the standard nationalization movement gaining steam, we may soon be able to compare apples to apples.