Orleans Community Schools School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there is 1 public high school in Orleans Community Schools School District, serving 359 students. Public high school in Orleans Community School School District have an average math proficiency score of 42% (versus the Indiana public high school average of 39%), and reading proficiency score of 62% (versus the 58% statewide average). This district's average high testing ranking is 7/10, which is in the top 50% of public high schools in Indiana.
- public high school in Orleans Community School School District have a Graduation Rate of 90%, which is more than the Indiana average of 88%.
- The school with highest graduation rate is Orleans Junior Senior High School, with ≥90% graduation rate. Read more about public school graduation rate statistics in Indiana or national school graduation rate statistics.
- Minority enrollment is 1% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Asian), which is less than the Indiana public high school average of 30% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Indiana public high school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Orleans Community Schools School District|
|School District Website||http://www.orleans.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(812) 865-2688|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||1 School||480 Schools|
|# of Students||359 Students||361,986 Students|
|# of Teachers||28 Teachers||21,270 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||17:1|
- Orleans Community Schools School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 329 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has decreased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#169 out of 373 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||827 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||7,862 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||1 Student||39,845 Students|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a||45,689 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||354 Students||252,217 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||235 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2 Students||15,311 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-||400|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-||996|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||1,039|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||969|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||1,220|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||1,198|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||1,294|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||4,342|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||72||11,267|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||57||12,187|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||60||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||53||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||65||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||52||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||1,598|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,045 is higher than the state median of $11,838. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,497 is less than the state median of $10,933. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$16 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$15 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,045||$11,838|
|Revenue / Student||$10,497||$10,933|
Orleans Community Schools School District Public High Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Orleans Junior Senior High School 200 W Wilson
Orleans, IN 47452
Grades: 7-12 | 359 students
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.