Corning Comm School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Corning Comm School District serving 445 students in Corning, Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Iowa state average of 23%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Corning Comm School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||445 students|
|# of Teachers||39 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||220 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||225 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||11 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||422 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||30|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||36|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||39|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||46|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||59|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Corning Comm School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 334 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,434 is higher than the state average of $10,736. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,975 is higher than the state average of $10,774. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,434||$10,736|
|Spending / Student||$13,975||$10,774|
Learn about the recent vote by the Indiana School Board to allow a state takeover of four Indiana schools beginning next school year.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.