Corning Elementary School
- Corning Elementary School's student population of 248 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2006)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Corning Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#693 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Corning Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Corning Corning High School Grades: 9-12 | 197 students
904 8th St
Corning, IA 50841
(641)322-4245 0.4 9-12 197
- Lenox Lenox Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 300 students
600 S. Locust St.
Lenox, IA 50851
(641)333-2244 12.2 PK-6 300
- Villisca Southwest Valley Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 151 students
406 East Third Street
Villisca, IA 50864
(712)826-2552 13.4 6-8 151
- Villisca Sylvia Enarson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 147 students
219 Central Avenue
Villisca, IA 50864
(712)826-5982 13.6 PK-5 147
- Massena Cam Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 108 students
207 E. 6th Street
Massena, IA 50853
(712)779-2212 18.4 6-8 108
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.