Danville Community School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in Danville Community School District, serving 709 students. Danville Community School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Iowa.
- Public schools in Danville Community School District have an average math proficiency score of 84% (versus the Iowa public school average of 76%), and reading proficiency score of 78% (versus the 74% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the 7/10, top 50% of public schools in Iowa.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Iowa public school average of 24% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the Iowa public school average of 15:1.
|School District Name||Danville Community School District|
|School District Website||http://www.danvillecsd.org|
|School District Phone Number||(319) 392-4223|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,330 Schools|
|# of Students||709 Students||502,459 Students|
|# of Teachers||45 Teachers||34,396 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
- Danville Community School District, which is ranked within the7/, top 50% of all 332 school districts in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 Students||1,874 Students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||4 Students||12,683 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||21 Students||54,404 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||5 Students||30,879 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||650 Students||381,240 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||1,350 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||25 Students||20,029 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||40||22,072|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||58||38,247|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||54||34,902|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||42||36,010|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||49||36,631|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||46||37,922|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||55||37,957|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||63||37,546|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||44||37,038|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||48||36,371|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||55||37,643|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||59||37,027|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||53||36,147|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||43||36,946|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,140 is higher than the state average of 10550. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,645 is less than the state average of $10,645. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IA)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||7427000|
|Revenue / Student||$12,140||10550|
|Spending / Student||$10,645||10645|
Danville Community School District Public Schools (2020-21)
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.