Island Heights Elementary School
- Island Heights Elementary School's student population of 126 students has grown by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Island Heights Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#920 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Island Heights School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ocean Gate Ocean Gate Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 149 students
126 West Arverne Avenue
Ocean Gate, NJ 08740
(732)269-3023 1.4 PK-6 149
- Toms River Washington Street Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 412 students
500 West Earl Court
Toms River, NJ 08753
(732)505-5910 1.5 K-5 412
- Toms River Toms River High School East Grades: 9-12 | 1387 students
1225 Raider Way
Toms River, NJ 08753
(732)505-5665 1.7 9-12 1387
- Bayville Bayville Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 399 students
356 Atlantic City Blvd
Bayville, NJ 08721
(732)269-1300 1.8 PK-4 399
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.