J.b. Martin Middle School
J.b. Martin Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- J.b. Martin Middle School's student population of 845 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||845 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- J.b. Martin Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#97 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Charles Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paradis R.j. Vial Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 260 students
510 Louisiana Street
Paradis, LA 70080
(985)758-2771 0.0 3-5 260
- Boutte Hahnville High School Grades: 8-12 | 1466 students
200 Tiger Drive
Boutte, LA 70039
(985)758-7537 1.5 8-12 1466
- Des Allemands Allemands Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 241 students
1471 Wpa Road (hwy. 632)
Des Allemands, LA 70030
(985)758-7427 4.5 PK-2 241
- Luling R.k. Smith Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 305 students
281 Judge Edward Dufresne Park
Luling, LA 70070
(985)331-1018 4.6 6-8 305
- Luling Luling Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 644 students
904 Sugarhouse Road
Luling, LA 70070
(985)785-6086 4.8 PK-5 644
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.