Harry M. Hurst Middle School
Harry M. Hurst Middle School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Harry M. Hurst Middle School's student population of 669 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||669 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harry M. Hurst Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#207 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Charles Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Destrehan New Sarpy Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 397 students
130 Plantation Road
Destrehan, LA 70047
(985) 764-1275 1.5 PK-2 397
- Luling R.k. Smith Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 290 students
281 Judge Edward Dufresne Park
Luling, LA 70070
(985) 331-1018 1.5 6-8 290
- Luling Luling Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 640 students
904 Sugarhouse Road
Luling, LA 70070
(985) 785-6086 2.0 PK-5 640
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.