Harry M. Hurst Middle School
- Harry M. Hurst Middle School's student population of 644 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has declined by 21% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||644 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Harry M. Hurst Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#90 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Charles Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Destrehan New Sarpy Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 404 students
130 Plantation Road
Destrehan, LA 70047
(985)764-1275 1.5 PK-2 404
- Luling R.k. Smith Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 305 students
281 Judge Edward Dufresne Park
Luling, LA 70070
(985)331-1018 1.5 6-8 305
- Luling Luling Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 644 students
904 Sugarhouse Road
Luling, LA 70070
(985)785-6086 2.0 PK-5 644
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.