- Jackson School's student population of 4 students has declined by 42% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has declined by 50% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||4 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jackson School is ranked within the top 50% of all 573 schools in Montana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MT)|
|Overall School Rank||#215 out of 573 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jackson Elem School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dillon Polaris School Grades: PK-8 | 5 students
4210 Pioneer Mnt Scenic Byway
Dillon, MT 59725
(406)834-3403 13.9 PK-8 5
- Wisdom Wisdom School Grades: PK-8 | 13 students
408 Elm Street
Wisdom, MT 59761
(406)689-3227 17.2 PK-8 13
- Carmen Upper Carmen Public Charter School Grades: PK-8 | 92 students
508 Carmen Creek Road
Carmen, ID 83462
(208)756-4590 19.8 PK-8 92
- Salmon Salmon Jr/sr High School Grades: 6-12 | 422 students
401 South Warpath Drive
Salmon, ID 83467
(208)756-2415 26.7 6-12 422
- Salmon Salmon Alternative High School Grades: 7-12 | 2 students
124 Bean Lane
Salmon, ID 83467
(208)756-6277 26.9 7-12 2
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.