James A. Long Elementary School
- James A. Long Elementary School's student population of 668 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||668 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James A. Long Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1474 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Putnam School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palatka Robert H. Jenkins Junior Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 516 students
1100 N 19th St
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 329-0588 0.7 7-8 516
- Palatka Putnam Edge High School Grades: 9-12 | 102 students
951 Moseley Ave
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 385-7292 1.7 9-12 102
- Palatka Putnam Virtual Franchise Grades: 6-12 | 30 students
200 Reid St
Palatka, FL 32177
(386) 329-0536 1.7 6-12 30
Great school. My son and daughter's teachers are always talking to us through the dojo and keeping us in the loop. I have nothing bad to say about James. A Long Cambridge program.
- Posted by Parent - kyle
Whoever wrote the top review is not aware of how terrible this school is. Don't send your kids here if you can help it. Poor communication between the faculty and staff. The teachers have no idea what is going on outside their own classroom. Staff and teacher treat the students like a statistic I.e. they don't care about our kids here. Terrible safety we tested the staff and they have no idea who they let in the door. We could have walked in and shot up the place very easily. No officer on property. This school system is failing our children. Asst Principal sent a student home, claiming she was suspended and the child's teacher had no idea about it. Why work in the field of education if you don't care about children?? I hope more parents are alerted to this poor excuse of a school and take action. They also need a bullying program. Please contact the superintendent and the school board. Putnam county needs to clean up our schools.
- Posted by Parent - Lare'va
Don't send your kids here. The teachers are useless and don't communicate with the parents. Poor staff training, terrible bullying problem. Idk what the principal and asst principal do all day but it's not helping our kids. Someone needs to do something about this place.
- Posted by Parent - ki
It''s four stars....
- Posted by Student/Alumni - A
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.