James Irvin Education Center
- James Irvin Education Center's student population of 148 students has grown by 33% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James Irvin Education Center's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3465 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||PASCO School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dade City Pasco Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 655 students
37350 Florida Ave
Dade City, FL 33525
(352)524-5200 1.9 PK-5 655
- Dade City Pasco Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 916 students
13925 14th St
Dade City, FL 33525
(352)524-8400 2.0 6-8 916
- Dade City Rodney B. Cox Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 475 students
37615 Martin Luther King Blvd
Dade City, FL 33523
(352)524-5100 2.5 PK-5 475
- Land O Lakes Sheriff's Detention Center Grades: 6-12 | 15 students
20101 Central Blvd
Land O Lakes, FL 34637
(352)524-9000 3.0 6-12 15
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.