James W Smith Elementary School
- James W Smith Elementary School's student population of 471 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 11% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||471 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- James W Smith Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1750 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Craven County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Bern West Craven Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 792 students
515 Nw Craven Mid School Road
New Bern, NC 28562
(252)514-6488 8.1 6-8 792
- Vanceboro West Craven High School Grades: 9-12 | 974 students
2600 Streets Ferry Road
Vanceboro, NC 28586
(252)244-3200 8.2 9-12 974
- Vanceboro Vanceboro-farm Life Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 651 students
2000 Farm Life Avenue
Vanceboro, NC 28586
(252)244-3215 8.9 PK-5 651
- Grifton Grifton Grades: PK-8 | 502 students
513 E Mccrae St
Grifton, NC 28530
(252)524-5141 12.1 PK-8 502
- Trenton Jones Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 156 students
190 Old New Bern Rd
Trenton, NC 28585
(252)448-3956 13.1 7-8 156
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.