Trenton Elementary School
Trenton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Trenton Elementary School's student population of 211 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||211 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Trenton Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 2,561 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#536 out of 2561 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jones County Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Trenton Jones Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 333 students
1490 Hwy 58 South
Trenton, NC 28585
(252)448-2451 3.5 9-12 333
- Trenton Jones Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 164 students
190 Old New Bern Rd
Trenton, NC 28585
(252)448-3956 4.5 7-8 164
- Comfort Comfort Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 157 students
4384 Hwy 41 West
Comfort, NC 28522
(910)324-4249 6.9 PK-6 157
- Kinston Southwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 331 students
1245 Hwy 58 South
Kinston, NC 28504
(252)527-9081 11.8 K-5 331
- Pollocksville Pollocksville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 139 students
300 Trent St
Pollocksville, NC 28573
(252)224-8071 12.8 PK-6 139
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.