Jefferson Elementary School
Jefferson Elementary School serves 479 students in grades 1-5.
Jefferson Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in New Jersey for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 77% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 44%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 77% (which is higher than the New Jersey state average of 57%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is higher than the New Jersey state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the New Jersey state average of 56% (majority Hispanic).
Jefferson Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Jefferson Elementary School's student population of 479 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Jefferson Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 2,221 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Jefferson Elementary School is 0.41, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (NJ)
Overall Testing Rank
#205 out of 2221 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, NJ Dept. of Education
Review Jefferson Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Are the Three Rs Robbing our Children?
For far too long the American public school system has failed to address “out-of-school” factors like poverty and their impact on what happens in the classroom. As the nation continues to become increasingly diverse, many schools are adopting comprehensive approaches to education that account for the unique needs of students so that each child is prepared for their future and not just for a year-end test.
Philadelphia Public Schools Explore the Options of “Community Schools”
Philadelphia continues to explore the community school option as a way of maximizing resources for students. What is a community school and what are its benefits?
August 02, 2021Post-Pandemic Tips for Public School Parents and Students
The 2020-21 school year was unlike any other and hopefully not one we’ll repeat anytime soon. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the face of America’s public education system and we’re still seeing the effects. In this article, we’ll explore the impact of the pandemic on America’s public schools, see how they responded, and talk about some tips for returning to in-person education this fall.