Jennings High School
Jennings High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Jennings High School's student population of 890 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||890 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jennings High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#799 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Davis Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jennings Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 514 students
208 East Shankland Avenue
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-1235 0.9 PK-2 514
- Jennings Jennings Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 571 students
620 Florence Street
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-4972 1.3 3-6 571
- Roanoke Welsh-roanoke Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 218 students
8150 West Highway 90
Roanoke, LA 70581
(337)753-2317 4.3 6-8 218
- Evangeline Evangeline Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
1448 Old Evangeline Highway
Evangeline, LA 70537
(337)824-1368 5.1 PK-8 236
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.