Jennings Elementary School
- Jennings Elementary School's student population of 571 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-6|
|Total Students||571 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jennings Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 19:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#852 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Davis Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jennings Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 514 students
208 East Shankland Avenue
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-1235 0.8 PK-2 514
- Jennings Jennings High School Grades: 7-12 | 890 students
2310 N Sherman Street
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-0642 1.3 7-12 890
- Roanoke Welsh-roanoke Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 218 students
8150 West Highway 90
Roanoke, LA 70581
(337)753-2317 4.5 6-8 218
- Evangeline Evangeline Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
1448 Old Evangeline Highway
Evangeline, LA 70537
(337)824-1368 5.3 PK-8 236
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.