Welsh High School
- Welsh High School's student population of 344 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 28% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Welsh High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#637 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Davis Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Welsh Welsh Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 517 students
222 East Bourgeois Street
Welsh, LA 70591
(337)734-2351 0.1 PK-5 517
- Roanoke Welsh-roanoke Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 218 students
8150 West Highway 90
Roanoke, LA 70581
(337)753-2317 5.4 6-8 218
- Jennings Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 514 students
208 East Shankland Avenue
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-1235 9.2 PK-2 514
- Jennings Jennings High School Grades: 7-12 | 890 students
2310 N Sherman Street
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-0642 9.6 7-12 890
I think Welsh High School is one of the finest schools available to a student in this day and time we are in. The teachers care about the student as a person and try to help them in every way to achieve their very best as a rounded individual. Especially in their academic responsibility for themselves, for now and their future.
- Posted by Parent - fjleg
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.