Welsh Elementary School
- Welsh Elementary School's student population of 517 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 32 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Welsh Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#283 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Davis Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Welsh-roanoke Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 218 students
8150 West Highway 90
Roanoke, LA 70581
(337)753-2317 5.6 6-8 218
- Jennings Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 514 students
208 East Shankland Avenue
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-1235 9.4 PK-2 514
- Jennings Jennings High School Grades: 7-12 | 890 students
2310 N Sherman Street
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-0642 9.8 7-12 890
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.