Bell City High School
Bell City High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Bell City High School's student population of 691 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||691 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
- Bell City High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||n/a||13:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Bell City High School is Calcasieu Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Calcasieu Parish School District's student population of 32,208 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 78% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,645 in this district is less than the state average of $24,719. The district revenue/student has declined by 6% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,211 is less than the state average of $22,732. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Calcasieu Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||32,208||1,095|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$344 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$362 MM||$25 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,645||$24,719|
|District Spending / Student||$11,211||$22,732|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Iowa J. I. Watson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 592 students
201 E First St
Iowa, LA 70647
(337)217-4670 10.1 PK-5 592
- Iowa Iowa High School Grades: 6-12 | 964 students
401 W Miller Ave
Iowa, LA 70647
(337)217-4380 10.8 6-12 964
- Welsh Welsh Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 497 students
222 East Bourgeois Street
Welsh, LA 70591
(337)734-2351 10.8 PK-5 497
The adjustment from middle school to high school can be a huge challenge for some students. We’ll offer tips for parents to help them help their kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards.
With schools nationwide adopting common core standards, we’ll take a look at what they are, their benefits, and how they will change the face of public education.
We report on Hawaii’s stellar progress in its Race to the Top efforts and how the support of one philanthropic organization on the Islands is contributing to that success.