Bell City High School
- Bell City High School's student population of 710 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||710 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bell City High School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#504 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Calcasieu Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Bell City High School is Lacassine High School (8.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Iowa J. I. Watson Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 568 students
201 E First St
Iowa, LA 70647
(337)217-4670 10.1 PK-5 568
- Iowa Iowa High School Grades: 6-12 | 1020 students
401 W Miller Ave
Iowa, LA 70647
(337)217-4380 10.8 6-12 1020
- Welsh Welsh Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 517 students
222 East Bourgeois Street
Welsh, LA 70591
(337)734-2351 10.8 PK-5 517
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.