Midland High School
- Midland High School's student population of 270 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Midland High School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#82 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Acadia Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Estherwood Estherwood Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 250 students
214 Jefferson Avenue
Estherwood, LA 70534
(337)783-6788 2.4 PK-7 250
- Morse Morse Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 198 students
200 Wisconsin Street
Morse, LA 70559
(337)783-5391 2.9 PK-7 198
- Egan Egan Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 236 students
2166 Egan Highway
Egan, LA 70531
(337)783-4148 4.8 PK-8 236
- Crowley Ross Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 298 students
1809 West Hutchinson Avenue
Crowley, LA 70526
(337)783-0927 6.8 K-6 298
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.