Midland High School
Top Placements (Louisiana)
Midland High School is Listed among the top public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 10%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Midland High School's student population of 285 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has declined by 13% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2017)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Midland High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 1277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Midland High School is Acadia Parish School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 108 school districts in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Acadia Parish School District's student population of 10,030 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 86% has increased from 75% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,149 in this district is less than the state average of $24,719. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $9,050 is less than the state average of $22,732. The district spending/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
|School District Name||Acadia Parish School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||10,030||1,095|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$91 MM||$27 MM|
|District Spending||$90 MM||$25 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,149||$24,719|
|District Spending / Student||$9,050||$22,732|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Estherwood Esrwood Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 243 students
214 Jefferson Avenue
Estherwood, LA 70534
(337)783-6788 2.4 PK-7 243
- Morse Morse Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 193 students
200 Wisconsin Street
Morse, LA 70559
(337)783-5391 2.9 PK-7 193
- Egan Egan Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 242 students
2166 Egan Highway
Egan, LA 70531
(337)783-4148 4.8 PK-8 242
- Crowley Ross Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 323 students
1809 West Hutchinson Avenue
Crowley, LA 70526
(337)783-0927 6.8 K-6 323