Morse Elementary School
Morse Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Morse Elementary School's student population of 193 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2003)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Morse Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,277 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#141 out of 1277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||90-94%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Acadia Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morse Midland High School Grades: 7-12 | 296 students
735 South Crocker
Morse, LA 70559
(337) 783-3310 2.9 7-12 296
- Estherwood Estherwood Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 245 students
214 Jefferson Avenue
Estherwood, LA 70534
(337) 783-6788 4.8 PK-7 245
- Gueydan Gueydan High School Grades: 6-12 | 262 students
901 Main Street
Gueydan, LA 70542
(337) 536-6938 6.9 6-12 262
- Gueydan Jesse Owens Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 202 students
203 Thirteenth Street
Gueydan, LA 70542
(337) 536-6541 7.1 PK-5 202
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?