Jesse Owens Elementary School
- Jesse Owens Elementary School's student population of 168 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jesse Owens Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#237 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||85-89%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vermilion Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Jesse Owens Elementary School is Gueydan High School (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gueydan Gueydan High School Grades: 6-12 | 253 students
901 Main Street
Gueydan, LA 70542
(337)536-6938 0.3 6-12 253
- Morse Morse Elementary School Grades: PK-7 | 198 students
200 Wisconsin Street
Morse, LA 70559
(337)783-5391 7.1 PK-7 198
- Morse Midland High School Grades: 7-12 | 270 students
735 South Crocker
Morse, LA 70559
(337)783-3310 10.0 7-12 270
- Lake Arthur Lake Arthur Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 550 students
500 Mill Avenue
Lake Arthur, LA 70549
(337)774-3323 11.4 PK-6 550
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.