Lake Arthur High School
- Lake Arthur High School's student population of 426 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 16% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||426 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lake Arthur High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#364 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Davis Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Arthur Lake Arthur Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 546 students
500 Mill Avenue
Lake Arthur, LA 70549
(337)774-3323 0.9 PK-6 546
- Jennings Jennings Elementary School Grades: 3-6 | 565 students
620 Florence Street
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-4972 9.1 3-6 565
- Jennings Ward Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 533 students
208 East Shankland Avenue
Jennings, LA 70546
(337)824-1235 9.4 PK-2 533
- Roanoke Welsh-roanoke Junior High School Grades: 6-8 | 221 students
8150 West Highway 90
Roanoke, LA 70581
(337)753-2317 9.8 6-8 221
this school is a very exquisite school to enroll your children into. There are sports available. If your child isn't interested in sports we have band, and other activities provided for the students. the facalty is great. they get along well with all the students. the advisors always try to involve the parents, but it is also up to them to choose wether they want to be involved in their childs schooling activities
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lilsw
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.