Jonesville Junior High School
Jonesville Junior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Jonesville Junior High School's student population of 134 students has declined by 29% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 30% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-7|
|Total Students||134 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jonesville Junior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,278 schools in Louisiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#738 out of 1278 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Catahoula Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jonesville Jonesville Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 275 students
1219 Cora Drive
Jonesville, LA 71343
(318)339-8588 0.4 PK-4 275
- Harrisonburg Harrisonburg High School Grades: PK-12 | 338 students
505 Bushley Street
Harrisonburg, LA 71340
(318)744-5679 10.1 PK-12 338
- Ferriday Concordia Education Center Grades: 4-12 | 23 students
160 Kindergarten Road
Ferriday, LA 71334
(318)757-3941 15.2 4-12 23
- Ferriday Delta Charter School Mst Grades: K-12 | 463 students
300 Lynwood Drive
Ferriday, LA 71334
(318)757-3202 15.4 K-12 463
Read why good diet and nutrition is important for high student performance.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.