Joplin High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 2,216 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 24%
- Graduation Rate: 80% (Btm 50% in MO)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 32% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 46% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MO Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Joplin High School often compared to?
Joplin High Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like Webb City High School, Carl Junction High School by visitors of our site.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
32% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% MO state average), while 46% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MO state average).
What is the graduation rate of Joplin High School?
The graduation rate of Joplin High School is 80%, which is lower than the Missouri state average of 90%.
How many students attend Joplin High School?
2,216 students attend Joplin High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
76% of Joplin High School students are White, 8% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are Black, 2% of students are American Indian, 2% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Joplin High School?
Joplin High School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Missouri state average of 13:1.
What grades does Joplin High School offer ?
Joplin High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Joplin High School part of?
Joplin High School is part of Joplin Schools School District.
Review Joplin High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities