Joseph City Elementary School serves 188 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Joseph City Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Arizona for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 50-54% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 32%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 45-49% (which is higher than the Arizona state average of 39%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is lower than the Arizona state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is lower than the Arizona state average of 65% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 188 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 13:1
- Minority Enrollment: 47%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in AZ
- Math Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Joseph City Elementary School's student population of 188 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 25% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Joseph City Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,854 schools in Arizona (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Joseph City Elementary School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.65. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (AZ)
Overall Testing Rank
#451 out of 1854 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (20-21)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AZ Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Joseph City Elementary School's ranking?
Joseph City Elementary School is ranked #451 out of 1,854 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Arizona.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
50-54% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 32% AZ state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 39% AZ state average).
How many students attend Joseph City Elementary School?
188 students attend Joseph City Elementary School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
53% of Joseph City Elementary School students are White, 18% of students are Hispanic, 16% of students are American Indian, 10% of students are Two or more races, and 3% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Joseph City Elementary School?
Joseph City Elementary School has a student ration of 13:1, which is lower than the Arizona state average of 17:1.
What grades does Joseph City Elementary School offer ?
Joseph City Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
What school district is Joseph City Elementary School part of?
Joseph City Elementary School is part of Joseph City Unified District (4388) School District.
Review Joseph City Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Spitting Rhymes for Flashy Grades: The Link Between Hip Hop Curriculum and Improved Learning
Can rap lyrics and hip hop beats help students learn more? Studies and some public schools say yes!
When Field Trips Turn Deadly: Who is Responsible?
Recent deaths during field trips have parents and school officials questioning the safety of these excursions. Learn about these tragedies and what parameters should be in place to ensure a safe field trip.
D.C. Schools: Controversial Growth of Charter Schools
Charter schools are growing in DC, and we analyze the response to recent numbers that show the student population in D.C. charter schools has outpaced the numbers for traditional public schools throughout the district.