Judge Lionel R. Collins Elementary School
Judge Lionel R. Collins Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Judge Lionel R. Collins Elementary School's student population of 408 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Judge Lionel R. Collins Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#623 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Jefferson Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westwego Vic A. Pitre Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 359 students
1525 Spruce Street
Westwego, LA 70094
(504)341-6517 1.3 PK-5 359
- New Orleans International High School Grades: 8-10 | 115 students
401 Nashville Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115
(504)373-6200 1.4 8-10 115
- Marrero L.w. Higgins High School Grades: 9-12 | 1380 students
7201 Lapalco Boulevard
Marrero, LA 70072
(504)341-2273 1.4 9-12 1380
- Marrero Joseph A. Cuillier Senior Career Center Grades: 9-12
1429-b Ames Boulevard
Marrero, LA 70072
(504)340-6963 1.5 9-12 n/a
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.