Top Scott County Public Preschools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Scott County, KS, serving 425 students. Scott County, KS public preschool have an average math proficiency score of 47% (versus the Kansas public pre school average of 41%), and reading proficiency score of 47% (versus the 44% statewide average). Pre schools in Scott County have an average ranking of 9/10, which is in the top 20% of Kansas public pre schools.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Kansas public preschool average of 34% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the Kansas public preschool average of 15:1.
Top Scott County Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Scott City Lower Elementary School 410 East 8th
Scott City, KS 67871
Grades: PK-4 | 425 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.