Top Scott County Public Middle Schools
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public middle school in Scott County, KS, serving 311 students. Scott County, KS public middle school have an average math proficiency score of 30% (versus the Kansas public middle school average of 28%), and reading proficiency score of 27% (versus the 32% statewide average). Middle schools in Scott County have an average ranking of 6/10, which is in the top 50% of Kansas public middle schools.
- Minority enrollment is 45% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Kansas public middle school average of 34% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is equal to the Kansas public middle school average of 14:1.
Top Scott County Public Middle Schools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Scott City Middle School 809 W Ninth
Scott City, KS 67871
Grades: 5-8 | 311 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.