South Barber School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 2 public schools in South Barber School District, serving 248 students. South Barber School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Kansas.
- Public schools in South Barber School District have an average math proficiency score of 43% (versus the Kansas public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 40% (versus the 37% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public schools in Kansas.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas public school average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the Kansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||South Barber School District|
|School District Phone Number||(833) 722-7237|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KS)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,320 Schools|
|# of Students||248 Students||490,702 Students|
|# of Teachers||22 Teachers||34,009 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
- South Barber School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 286 school districts in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 60-79% has decreased from 80% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#41 out of 286 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||4,268 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||13,924 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16 Students||96,486 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 Students||33,739 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||220 Students||315,772 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||937 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7 Students||25,576 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||22||18,630|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||19||35,465|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||25||35,410|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||23||36,289|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||22||36,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||17||37,562|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||18||37,566|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||15||36,694|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||7||36,111|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||16||36,173|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||16||37,382|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||14||35,769|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||21||34,526|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||13||33,966|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2,430|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $13,355 in this school district is less than the state median of $14,694. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,956 is less than the state median of $14,025. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (KS)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$13,355||$14,694|
|Revenue / Student||$13,956||$14,025|
A generous Michigan teen was growing his hair long to donate to Locks of Love, but was suspended from school as a result. Was this the right cut? We’ll discuss both side of the issue.
A recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court bans public school use by churches outside of normal school hours, and we’ll take a look at both sides of this issue.
Learn about whether charter schools or traditional public schools are enjoying better academic performance amongst their students. What do the test results reveal?