Karlstad Elementary School
Karlstad Elementary School serves 113 students in grades Prekindergarten-6.
Karlstad Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Minnesota for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 56%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 60-64% (which is higher than the Minnesota state average of 59%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the Minnesota state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is lower than the Minnesota state average of 34% (majority Black).
Karlstad Elementary School's student population of 113 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has grown by 10% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Karlstad Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,789 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Karlstad Elementary School is 0.10, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (MN)
Overall Testing Rank
#432 out of 1789 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, MN Dept. of Education
Review Karlstad Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Technology in Public Schools
Learn how technology is being implemented and funded in public schools.
Gender Identity Becomes Controversial Issue in Boston Public Schools
We report on a new policy in Massachusetts that impacts one of the largest school districts in the country, as well as the rest of the state. The gender identity policy strives to ensure all students are treated equally, but it is not without plenty of concern by opponents.
Urban Public Schools Come to the Rescue of Black Boys
Public schools across the nation are implementing programs that help keep young black men in school and off the streets. Boosting graduation rates, reducing gang involvement and violence, and providing positive male role models are just a few of the common elements of these programs. Yet, the achievement gap between black boys and other peer groups remains extremely wide.