Fleming County School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 6 public schools in Fleming County School District, serving 2,281 students. Fleming County School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Kentucky.
- Public schools in Fleming County School District have an average math proficiency score of 59% (versus the Kentucky public school average of 47%), and reading proficiency score of 54% (versus the 56% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the top 50% of public schools in Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kentucky public school average of 23% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the Kentucky public school average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Fleming County School District|
|School District Phone Number||(606) 845-5851|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|# of Schools||6 Schools||1,534 Schools|
|# of Students||2,281 Students||680,978 Students|
|# of Teachers||148 Teachers||42,120 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
- Fleming County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||839 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9 Students||12,135 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||66 Students||45,801 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||24 Students||71,831 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,141 Students||523,010 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||850 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||40 Students||26,512 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||72||29,493|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||158||44,058|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||161||50,518|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||156||49,479|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||174||51,350|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||167||52,328|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||190||52,669|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||164||51,102|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||155||50,249|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||172||50,293|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||196||53,687|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||177||50,822|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||162||48,739|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||177||45,593|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||598|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,025 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,455. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,980 is less than the state average of $10,373. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,025||$10,455|
|Spending / Student||$9,980||$10,373|
Fleming County School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math/Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Ewing Elementary School 5651 Elizaville Rd.
Ewing, KY 41039
Grades: PK-6 | 315 students
- E P Ward Elementary School 12811 Morehead Rd
Wallingford, KY 41093
Grades: PK-6 | 186 students
- Simons Middle School 242 W Water St
Flemingsburg, KY 41041
Grades: 7-8 | 327 students
- Flemingsburg Elementary School 245 W Water St
Flemingsburg, KY 41041
Grades: PK-6 | 552 students
- Hillsboro Elementary School 7348 Hillsboro Rd
Hillsboro, KY 41049
Grades: PK-6 | 189 students
- Fleming County High School 1658 Elizaville Rd
Flemingsburg, KY 41041
Grades: 9-12 | 712 students
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.