Todd County School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Todd County School District serving 2,090 students in Elkton, Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 22% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Kentucky state average of 23%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Todd County School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Elkton Horizons High School 804 South Main Street
Elkton, KY 42220
Grades: 7-12 | 24 students
- Guthrie South Todd Elementary School4115 Guthrie Rd
Guthrie, KY 42234
Grades: PK-5 | 571 students
- Elkton Todd County Central High School806 S Main St
Elkton, KY 42220
Grades: 9-12 | 540 students
- Elkton Todd County Middle School515 W Main St
Elkton, KY 42220
Grades: 6-8 | 464 students
|School District Name||Todd County School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,090 students|
|# of Teachers||120 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||1,024 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,066 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||173 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||211 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,630 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||70 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||168|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||146|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||161|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||170|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||161|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||139|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||141|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||139|
|# of Ungraded Students:||4|
- Todd County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 90-94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,174 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,478. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,240 is less than the state average of $10,395. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$22 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,174||$10,478|
|Spending / Student||$10,240||$10,395|
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.