Key Middle School
- Key Middle School's student population of 823 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||823 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Key Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1571 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfax County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Key Middle School is Key Center School (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Key Center School Grades: PK-12 | 86 students
6404 Franconia Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
(703) 313-4000 0.3 PK-12 86
- Springfield Lee High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,786 student
6540 Franconia Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
(703) 924-8300 0.5 9-12 1,786
- Alexandria Franconia Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 543 students
6301 Beulah St
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703) 822-2200 0.9 PK-6 543
- Alexandria Lane Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 790 students
7137 Beulah St
Alexandria, VA 22315
(703) 924-7700 1.2 PK-6 790
This is an excellent school with extremely kind and efficient teachers and staff. My son attended Key and now my daughter. Each person I have encountered over the years has been willing to go out of their way to assist us as a family. I am very proud to say that my children have attended Key M.S.
- Posted by Parent - Victoria JBara
I have never gone to public school before so I do not know if this is normal for a public school, but it is TORTURE to go to this school. The desks are very close together and have a little book thing under it which both make it impossible to stretch your legs around and they only give you 6 bathroom passes per quarter per class. There are only 4 minutes between classes which is very annoying. There is no PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays which makes it literally from cramped desk to cramped desk for 7 hours (sometimes there is a presentation like in the library, but not usually, as far as I know). The science homework is babyish -- they want you to draw a picture as part of the assignment which I really hate.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kingd
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.