Key Middle School
- Key Middle School's student population of 809 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||809 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Key Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1432 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||FAIRFAX CO PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Key Center School Grades: PK-12 | 95 students
6404 Franconia Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
(703)313-4000 0.3 PK-12 95
- Springfield Lee High School Grades: 9-12 | 1816 students
6540 Franconia Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
(703)924-8300 0.5 9-12 1816
- Alexandria Franconia Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 522 students
6301 Beulah St
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703)822-2200 0.9 PK-6 522
- Alexandria Lane Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 829 students
7137 Beulah St
Alexandria, VA 22315
(703)924-7700 1.2 PK-6 829
I have never gone to public school before so I do not know if this is normal for a public school, but it is TORTURE to go to this school. The desks are very close together and have a little book thing under it which both make it impossible to stretch your legs around and they only give you 6 bathroom passes per quarter per class. There are only 4 minutes between classes which is very annoying. There is no PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays which makes it literally from cramped desk to cramped desk for 7 hours (sometimes there is a presentation like in the library, but not usually, as far as I know). The science homework is babyish -- they want you to draw a picture as part of the assignment which I really hate.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kingd
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.