Key Center places among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Key Center's student population of 101 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has grown by 87% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Key Center is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#241 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥90%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fairfax County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Springfield Lee High School Grades: 9-12 | 1810 students
6540 Franconia Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
(703)924-8300 0.2 9-12 1810
- Alexandria Franconia Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 491 students
6301 Beulah St
Alexandria, VA 22310
(703)822-2200 1.2 PK-6 491
- Springfield Garfield Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 394 students
7101 Old Keene Mill Rd
Springfield, VA 22150
(703)923-2900 1.3 PK-6 394
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.