Kings Creek Elementary School
- Kings Creek Elementary School's student population of 192 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Kings Creek Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1376 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caldwell County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Kings Creek Elementary School is Eckerd - Boomer (5.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boomer Eckerd - Boomer Grades: 6-12
4654 High Rock Rd
Boomer, NC 28606
(919)807-3300 5.4 6-12 n/a
- Lenoir Oak Hill Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 127 students
4603 Oak Hill School Road
Lenoir, NC 28645
(828)754-6128 6.7 K-8 127
- Ferguson Mount Pleasant Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 224 students
532 Champion Mt Pleasant Rd
Ferguson, NC 28624
(336)651-7600 7.7 PK-5 224
- Taylorsville Ellendale Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 299 students
175 Ellendale Park Lane
Taylorsville, NC 28681
(828)632-4866 8.1 PK-5 299
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.