Knotts Island Elementary School
- Knotts Island Elementary School's student population of 72 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Knotts Island Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#734 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Currituck County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Currituck The Jp Knapp Ech (i)school Grades: 9-13 | 278 students
2966 Caratoke Hwy
Currituck, NC 27929
(252)232-3107 7.6 9-13 278
- Shawboro Shawboro Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 534 students
370 Shawboro Road
Shawboro, NC 27973
(252)232-2237 7.6 K-5 534
- Barco Currituck County High School Grades: 9-12 | 1018 students
4203 Caratoke Hwy
Barco, NC 27917
(252)453-0014 10.1 9-12 1018
- Barco Central Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 198 students
504 Shortcut Road
Barco, NC 27917
(252)453-0010 10.4 PK-5 198
- Virginia Beach Creeds Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 310 students
920 Princess Anne Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23457
(757)648-2400 10.7 PK-5 310
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.