Central Elementary School
- Central Elementary School's student population of 198 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank||#1857 out of 2,538 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Currituck County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Currituck The Jp Knapp Ech (i)school Grades: 9-13 | 294 students
2966 Caratoke Hwy
Currituck, NC 27929
(252)232-3107 2.9 9-13 294
- Shawboro Shawboro Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 534 students
370 Shawboro Road
Shawboro, NC 27973
(252)232-2237 2.9 K-5 534
- Barco Currituck County High School Grades: 9-12 | 1018 students
4203 Caratoke Hwy
Barco, NC 27917
(252)453-0014 3.2 9-12 1018
- Barco Currituck County Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 366 students
4263 Caratoke Hwy
Barco, NC 27917
(252)453-2171 3.6 6-8 366
- Camden Camden County High School Grades: 9-12 | 444 students
103 Us 158 W
Camden, NC 27921
(252)338-0114 7.7 9-12 444
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.