Lakeside Junior-senior High School
- Lakeside Junior-senior High School's student population of 496 students has grown by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||496 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lakeside Junior-senior High School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 20:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#702 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Webster Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dubberly Central Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 546 students
5701 Hwy 531
Dubberly, LA 71024
(318)377-2591 4.4 PK-6 546
- Minden J. A. Phillips Middle School Grades: 6 | 282 students
811 Durwood Dr
Minden, LA 71055
(318)377-0315 6.1 6 282
- Minden J. L. Jones Elementary School Grades: 2-3 | 466 students
620 District Dr
Minden, LA 71055
(318)377-1815 6.3 2-3 466
- Doyline Doyline High School Grades: PK-12 | 475 students
804 College St.
Doyline, LA 71023
(318)745-2118 6.7 PK-12 475
- Minden Webster Junior High School Grades: 7-8 | 380 students
700 East Union
Minden, LA 71055
(318)377-3847 6.9 7-8 380
Lakeside is an amazing school you can play so many sports and learn so much
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Chloe
Lakeside is a very good school and has a lot of talented people
- Posted by Student/Alumni - tiara
This school has been an absolute blessing to our son. His self esteem has improved significantly since placing him at Lakeside and the bullying and 'drama'tizing he endured at a nearby school have ceased and I have been assured the administration at LHS has a zero tolerance policy towards bullying. We were also impressed with the facilities, the availability of self esteem promoting activities as well as with the athletics programs and parental involvement in the booster clubs we so enjoy. Again, we have been truly blessed by this school in the life of our son.
- Posted by Parent - twonu
This school places too many resources within sports while neglecting efficient education. Most of the teachers double as coaches, who prioritize physical ability over mental ability.
- Posted by Parent - Momsf
Nearby Homes for Sale
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.