Lakewood Elementary School
Lakewood Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Lakewood Elementary School's student population of 881 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||881 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lakewood Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#153 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Dallas Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dallas J L Long Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1362 students
6116 Reiger Ave
Dallas, TX 75214
(972)502-4700 1.3 6-8 1362
- Dallas Lumin Lindsley Park Community School Grades: PK-3 | 293 students
7130 Lindsley Ave
Dallas, TX 75223
(214)321-9155 1.3 PK-3 293
- Dallas Eduardo Mata Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 497 students
7420 La Vista
Dallas, TX 75204
(972)749-7500 1.5 PK-5 497
- Dallas Stonewall Jackson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 622 students
5828 E Mockingbird Ln
Dallas, TX 75206
(972)749-7200 1.5 K-5 622
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.