Lamar High School
Lamar High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- Lamar High School's student population of 3,424 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 147 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||3,424 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||147 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lamar High School's student:teacher ratio of 23:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3445 out of 7,879 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Houston Isd School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Houston River Oaks Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 676 students
2008 Kirby Dr
Houston, TX 77019
(713)942-1460 0.6 K-5 676
- Houston A+ Unlimited Potential Grades: 6-8 | 53 students
2700 Southwest Fwy
Houston, TX 77098
(713)204-3837 0.8 6-8 53
- Houston Champions Academy Grades: K-2
3700 Southwest Fwy
Houston, TX 77027
(972)316-3663 1.0 K-2 n/a
- Houston Soar Center Grades: PK-12 | 201 students
Houston, TX 77027
(713)556-7025 1.0 PK-12 201
MY DAUGHTER WENT TO LAMAR.IT IS ONE OF THE BEST SCHOOLS IN TEXAS.SHE WAS ON THE DANCE TEAM WITH MRS.SARA WILSON WHO WAS A GREAT TEACHER.SHE WAS ALSO IN THE IB PROGRAM.PARENTS THIS IS TRULY A GREAT SCHOOL.SHE MADE GREAT FRIENDS WHO WENT AWAY TO COLLEGE.LAMAR GAVE THEM A GREAT EDUCATION.
- Posted by Parent - brosh
Lamar is an excellent school academically. It has a responsive, caring faculty and staff. Although it is a large high school it feels much more intimate. We have been thrilled with our daughter's academic achievements. She has also enjoyed the dance program, making new friends and is looking forward to cheer next year. Best, Lisa
- Posted by Parent - lyora
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.