Lancaster High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,358 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 69%
- Graduation Rate: 74% (Btm 50% in SC)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 34% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 57% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 57% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
What is the graduation rate of Lancaster High School?
The graduation rate of Lancaster High School is 74%, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 84%.
How many students attend Lancaster High School?
1,358 students attend Lancaster High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
50% of Lancaster High School students are Black, 31% of students are White, 16% of students are Hispanic, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Lancaster High School?
Lancaster High School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Lancaster High School offer ?
Lancaster High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Lancaster High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities