Langley Park/mccormick Elementary School
Langley Park/mccormick Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Langley Park/mccormick Elementary School's student population of 891 students has grown by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has grown by 22% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||891 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Langley Park/mccormick Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#1112 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Prince George's County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring New Hampshire Estates Elementary School Grades: PK-2 | 453 students
8720 Carroll Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20903
(301)431-7607 0.6 PK-2 453
- Hyattsville Adelphi Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 751 students
8820 Riggs Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20783
(301)431-6250 0.7 PK-6 751
- Hyattsville Cool Spring Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 845 students
8910 Riggs Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20783
(301)431-6200 0.8 PK-6 845
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.