Laurel High School
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,986 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
- Minority Enrollment: 97%
- Graduation Rate: 77% (Btm 50% in MD)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 20% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 42% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MD Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
20% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 38% MD state average), while 42% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% MD state average).
What is the graduation rate of Laurel High School?
The graduation rate of Laurel High School is 77%, which is lower than the Maryland state average of 86%.
How many students attend Laurel High School?
1,986 students attend Laurel High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
54% of Laurel High School students are Black, 37% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Asian, 3% of students are White, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Laurel High School?
Laurel High School has a student ration of 18:1, which is higher than the Maryland state average of 14:1.
What grades does Laurel High School offer ?
Laurel High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Laurel High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities