Lawrence Elementary School
Lawrence Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Kansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Lawrence Elementary School's student population of 420 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||420 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lawrence Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (KS)|
|Overall School Rank||#900 out of 1,268 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wichita School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Lawrence Elementary School is West High School (1.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Mayberry Cultural And Fine Arts Magnet Middle School (0.2 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Mayberry Cultural And Fine Arts Magnet Middle School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wichita Mayberry Cultural And Fine Arts Magnet Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 610 students
207 S Sheridan
Wichita, KS 67213
(316)973-5800 0.2 6-8 610
- Wichita Dodge Literacy Magnet Grades: PK-5 | 573 students
4801 W 2nd
Wichita, KS 67212
(316)973-3150 1.0 PK-5 573
- Wichita Franklin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 344 students
214 S Elizabeth
Wichita, KS 67213
(316)973-9850 1.4 PK-5 344
- Wichita Black Traditional Magnet Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 426 students
Wichita, KS 67203
(316)973-3500 1.5 PK-5 426
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.