Lealman Avenue Elementary School
Lealman Avenue Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Lealman Avenue Elementary School's student population of 501 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||501 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lealman Avenue Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2933 out of 3,601 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Pinellas School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Lealman Avenue Elementary School is Lealman Innovation Academy (1.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Petersburg Lealman Innovation Academy Grades: 5-12 | 460 students
4900 28th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
(727)528-5802 1.1 5-12 460
- Saint Petersburg Clearview Adult Education Center Grades: AE
3815 43rd St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
(727)588-6011 1.2 AE n/a
- Saint Petersburg Alfred Adler Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 69 students
4515 38th Ave N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713
(727)329-9545 1.3 K-8 69
- Pinellas Park Pinellas Park Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 606 students
7520 52nd St N
Pinellas Park, FL 33781
(727)547-7888 1.5 PK-5 606
Lealman Elementary is a good school I always felt like I was taught everything I needed to know for the rest of my school career. I believe Lealman Elementary is the sole factor in me keeping a 4.0 in middle school and being accepted into prestigious high schools.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - BigStepper
My child has been going to this school for the past three years and after doing some research, I found the school was rated a D and the only reason it's not an F school is because of grade protection put into place by the state of Florida. The percentage of children meeting the standards in academics is about %33! I can't wait to move into our new home and get her out of this school.
- Posted by Parent - Aacar
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.